3D Printable Delayed Trigger Ball Launcher
WHAT IS IT??!!
- The tns BALL LAUNCHER is a device that is completely 3D Printable; even the bolts and bearings.
- It will print within a 300 x 300 x 400 3D Printer bed.
- It sends any ball shooting out at a batsman at great speed
- It goes off on a timed delay sequence
- If you place multiple units next to each other, balls will come at you with a 6-10 second interval between deliveries
- If you’re into cricket or baseball this is GREAT because you can practice hitting balls on your own
- The reload process is DEAD EASY
WHY IS IT GREAT??!!
The plastic 3D printing industry is primarily used for prototyping components (which is great for making iterations in a design process) but rarely are the parts suitable for end use. This is because the time taken to print large parts is not sustainable for mass manufacture and the materials used for modelling are very brittle.
That was until the ARRIVAL OF PETG & POLYMAX FILAMENTS.
Current 3d printing enthusiasts can choose from a library of static parts like vases, cogs, cups and all sorts, but seldom do people have the OPPORTUNITY TO PRINT SOMETHING MECHANICALLY OPERATIONAL.
All you will need is a jiffy bag with a few bits in, a PA speaker stand (about £7 online) and you will be able to print your own. In case you are wondering; PETG printed with 60 percent infill is as strong as solid plastic.
WHEN CAN WE GET IT??!!
The tns Ball Launcher will seed in a no holes barred Kickstarter campaign whereby we will attempt to raise about £50000 via pre-orders and pledges. We will then move to a print farm where the manufacturing process will begin. As well as selling boxed units, we will sell the files via licensed contract for 3D Print enthusiasts to utilise.
Our patent will give 18 months global cover adding security to our manufacturing and distribution network… and your Kickstarter pledges.
The long term objective is to go some way to increases participation in the game of Cricket – maybe Baseball and Tennis too, who knows??!!